Getting Started Guide
Learn how to connect your AWS environments to CleanCloud
What are we going to do?
We are going to set up secure credentials to access your cloud environment in a read-only mode. Then we will integrate your cloud environment with CleanCloud
Why do we need to do this?
CleanCloud needs to access your cloud to gather data about your instances in order to enable topology and get you ready to integrate billing - which in turn will enable on your account full billing and metrics reports as well as insights.
CREATING A NEW USER ON AWS
1. Access the Users page in the IAM menu, on your AWS Console. GO HERE and click on Create New Users.
2. You can give any name to this new user, just make sure it is recognizable (for example: CleanCloudUser). You will also need to check the option "Programmatic access" before clicking on the Next: Permissions button.
3. You will need to grant a specific permission to this user. In order to do this, select the Attach existing policies directly option and search for ReadOnlyAccess. You will need to search for this exact permission on the results list, since it usually does not come up first. Once you found it, select it and click on the Next: Review button.
4. Verify that the new user has the programmatic access marked as its access type and the correct ReadOnlyAccess permission selected. Then click on the Create user button.
5. Your user is created! Make sure to save your Access key ID and Secret access key yourself or to download the data - you will need it soon and there is no way to recover this information.
YOU JUST CREATED A SECURE, READ-ONLY USER FOR CLEANCLOUD TO COLLECT YOUR BILLING & METRICS DATA
NOW YOU CAN RETURN TO THE CLEANCLOUD WIZARD TO CONTINUE CONFIGURING YOUR ACCOUNT