Getting Started Guide
Learn how to connect your AWS environments to CleanCloud
What are we going to do?
We are going to create a new read only role to allow CleanCloud access to your AWS environment. Then we will integrate your cloud environment with CleanCloud.
Why do we need to do this?
CleanCloud needs to be allowed for role based access to access your cloud to gather data about your instances in order to enable topology and get you ready to integrate billing - which in turn will enable on your account full billing and metrics reports as well as insights.
CREATING A NEW ROLE ON AWS
1. Access the Roles page in the IAM menu, on your AWS Console. GO HERE and click on Create New Role.
2. Go to Another AWS account. You will need to copy the Account ID and External ID of CleanCloud's IAM Access page and insert at AWS Step 2: Establish trust.
For "Account ID" enter 276326303878.
Select Require external ID.
3. For "External ID" enter the External ID from the IAM Access Page in CleanCloud. It will be an alphanumeric id of length 20 (per example: abc12def3456gh78ijkl).
Keep the Require MFA box unchecked. Then click on Next: Permissions.
4. Search for ReadOnlyAccess option. You will need to search for this exact permission on the results list, since it usually does not come up first. Once you found it, select it and click on Next: Review.
5. Type the Role Name and description (optional) and review your selections. If all looks in order, click on Create Role.
Your role is created!
You will now see a list of your Roles.
6. Select the role you just created and copy the Role ARN.
7. Now return to the IAM Access Page in CleanCloud and paste the Role ARN. Select Next Step and the read only role based access is completed.
YOU JUST CREATED AN IAM ROLE FOR CLEANCLOUD TO COLLECT YOUR BILLING & METRICS DATA
NOW YOU CAN CONTINUE CONFIGURING YOUR ACCOUNT ON THE CLEANCLOUD WIZARD