AWS cloud Integration – CloudFormation
It’s very simple, takes less than 10 minutes!
Follow the steps to integrate your AWS cloud with CleanCloud:
1. Integration must be done through your root account to access cost data. Don’t worry, linked accounts are automatically brought.
2. In CleanCloud, click the cloud menu at the top right and select add.
3. Select AWS and Continue
4. Type a name for your cloud and click on Continue.
In the next steps, we will use a CloudFormation URL to automatically create the IAM roles with the attached policies in order to allow the integration of the AWS account with CleanCloud.
5. Back to the CleanCloud page click on the Cloud Formation URL button.
6. Click the copy icon to copy the CloudFormation URL and paste it into a new browser tab.
7. In the CloudFormation dashboard on the Parameters tab, add the account name to integrate. Then enter the S3 bucket name “mycompany-report-cleancloud” and the report path prefix also created – / CleanCloudReport.
8. At the page bottom select the option I acknowledge that AWS CloudFormation might create IAM resources and click Create stack.
9. Once created, you will be redirected to the page of the new stack you created. In the Events tab you can check the status of the resources created by CloudFormation.
10. After the status appears as complete, access the Outputs tab and copy the Value field with the ARN role to integrate the account.
11. In the CleanCloud panel, paste the ARN role into the related field and click Continue.
12. On the CleanCloud page, in the S3 bucket field, type the name of the bucket created “mycompany-report-cleancloud”, and paste the copied prefix in the Report path field. Then click Continue.
13. Finally on CleanCloud page, click Stat optimization and you’re done!