AWS cloud Integration – Create Report
In the next steps you will create a report in a defined bucket for CleanCloud to collect and analyze data and provide full visibility of your AWS billing.
1. Returning to the AWS page, navigate to the Reports page in the Billing management console and select Create Report.
2. On the report creation page, type the name “CleanCloudReport” and select Include resource IDs and Automatically update your report options. Click on Next.
3. Click Configure to create a new bucket on your S3 where the report will be saved.
4. In the window that opens, choose Create a Bucket. As Bucket S3 name put “mycompany-report-cleancloud” and select a region where you prefer. Then click Next.
5. Confirm the security policy that gives AWS permission to record or archive a report inside the newly created bucket. Click on Save.
6. You will return to the report configuration page. First validate the Bucket you created, then fill the Report Path Prefix with CleanCloud. Select Hourly Granularity and Report Versioning to Create a New Version, and finally choose Compression Type as GZIP. Click Next. Obs: Bucket must appear as valid.
7. Review the available information and complete to finalize report creation.
8. Select Cost and Usage Report and click the CleanCloudReport.
9. Copy the text displayed in the Report Path Prefix field.
10. Finally you must enable tags for cost reporting. Go to the Cost Allocation Tags page in the cost management console. On the User-defined cost allocation tags tab, select all tags and click Activate. (Services > Billing > Cost allocation tags)
If you have a lot of tags, click the settings icon and in the table size, select the option with the largest number of items and confirm. This way it is possible to enable all tags without accessing each page separately (ex: 1, 2, and 3).
11. Back at the CleanCloud page, in the S3 bucket field, type the name of the bucket created “mycompany-report-cleancloud”, and paste the copied prefix in the Report path field. Then click Continue.
12. Finally on CleanCloud page, click Stat optimization and you’re done!